Privacy when you browse our site
When you visit this website we’ll collect statistical information. Any personal information you provide will be kept private.
Statistical information we collect
The information Google Analytics collects includes:
- the first three parts of the IP address of the device
- the pages accessed on our site and the links clicked on
- the date and time the site was visited
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site
- the operating system, eg Windows 7 or Mac OSX on the device used
- the type of web browser used, eg Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
- other incidental information such as screen resolution and the language setting used.
Use of statistical information
We'll keep your personal information secure
You can choose to provide personal information, eg through online forms. We'll keep that personal information secure.
You’re disclosing personal information when you’re ordering resources. We don’t store any personal information in the website. It will only be viewed by our third-party contractor who’ll send you the resources. We don't share your personal information with any other third parties or ACC staff. We'll only use that information to contact you if you've asked us to do so.
We don't collect visitor information from other sources, such as public records.
Relevant privacy legislation
Check and correct the information we have about you
If you want to check the personal information we have about you:
1. Contact us
2. Confirm your identity
You may need to verify your identity before we can give you access to this information. This could be by answering some questions or showing a photo ID at a local branch.
3. We'll send you the information
We'll send you a copy of the personal information we keep about you within a month. This is free of charge.
If the information we have is incorrect
If you have accessed your information and it's incorrect, you can ask us to change it.
1. Contact us
2. We’ll respond and check your information
We’ll let you know when we’ve received your request. We’ll check your information with the original author.
3. We’ll contact you with our decision
If we’re holding the incorrect information we’ll:
- update the information on your file
- send any changes to third parties
- a person or organisation associated with one of our client's claims that received incorrect information
- let you know that we’ve made the change.
If we can’t make the change you’ve requested, we’ll:
- contact you and explain why we can’t make the change
- you can choose to provide a written statement of correction, which we’ll add to your file. This statement shows that you requested a change to your information, but that we haven’t made the change
- send the statement of correction to third parties who recently received the information
- contact you to let you know what we’ve done.
This usually happens if there’s opinion-based information eg a medical assessment.
More information about privacy
For more information about privacy contact our Information Centre:
If you have a question or concern about privacy, contact:
The Privacy Officer
Accident Compensation Corporation
PO Box 242